Las Terrenas Excursions
What to do in Las Terrenas?
- Go on a quad or horse excursion to discover the countryside, its waterfalls, its exotic and abundant flora and fauna,
- Dive admire the seabed, rich in colorful fish and anemone rocks,
- Embark on motor catamarans and sail in Samana Bay to meet humpback whales (between January 15 and March 15 approximately),
- Navigate in the Haitises National Park and admire the rock paintings of the Taino Indians in the caves,
- Indulge in idleness on the beaches of Las Terrenas in the shade of coconut palms or in the many water activities: surfing, kite-surfing, windsurfing, hobby-cat, scuba diving or snorkeling,
- Meet the friendly locals and try your hand at the Spanish language,
- Rent a vehicle and discover idyllic panoramas and wild beaches,
- Taste the island's seafood and exotic fruit specialties in the typical restaurants by the sea or in the streets of the village,
- Dance the night away to the rhythm of bachata or merengue, the favorite music of Dominicans, sipping a glass of mojito or a local beer (beware, alcohol abuse is dangerous for your health),
- Enjoy the famous Dominican cigars whose reputation and flavor exceed those of Cuba
- Bring back in your luggage magnificent jewelry in Larimar or Amber, superb colorful paintings, or on your body a golden tan, and in your heart a feeling of happiness and well-being ...